How to say thank you! List of 65 powerful ways to say Thank You in English with ESL pictures. Learn these thanks synonyms to enlarge your vocabulary and enhance your communication skill in English.
Learn how to say thank you in English with pictures.
2. Many thanks
3. Thanks a lot
4. Thanks a bunch
5. Thank you very much
6. It’s very kind of you
7. I really appreciate it
8. Thank you for everything
9. I owe you one
10. I really appreciate your help
11. I’m so grateful
12. Thanks a million
Thank you synonym image 1
13. Thanks for everything
14. Thanks so much
15. I can’t thank you enough
16. I cannot express my appreciation
17. I appreciate your time
18. A million thanks to you
19. I owe you big time
20. I truly appreciate you
21. Thanks a ton
22. How thoughtful of you!
23. I’ll forever be grateful
24. Please accept my deepest thanks
25. You’re too kind
Thanks Synonym Image 2
26. You are an angel
27. You are the best
28. You have my gratitude
29. You made my day
30. You saved my day
31. You’re a dear
32. You’re a life saver
33. You’re awesome
34. You’re great
35. You’ve saved my life
36. Accept my endless gratitude
37. All I can say is, Thanks!
38. All my love and thanks to you
39. Consider yourself heartily thanked
40. How can I ever possibly thank you
41. How can I ever thank you enough
42. How can I show you how grateful I am?
43. I couldn’t have done it without you
44. I do not know what I would do without you
45. I don’t know what to say!
46. Oh, you shouldn’t have!
47. I humbly thank you
48. Please accept my best thanks
49. I’m grateful for your assistance
50. I’m really grateful for your help
51. It is hard to find words to express my gratitude
52. It was so awesome of you
53. I really appreciate everything you’ve done
54. I really want to thank you for your help
55. I thank you from the bottom of my heart
56. I thank you most warmly
57. I want you to know how much I value your support
58. I wanted to thank you as soon as possible
59. I will never forget what you have done
60. I wish to thank everyone who pitched in
61. If anyone deserve thanks, it’s you
62. Your generosity overwhelms me
63. What would I do without you?
64. Words can’t describe how thankful I am
65. My gratitude knows no bounds.
Ways to Say Thank You Thanks Synonym Image 1
Ways to Say Thank You Thanks Synonym Image 2
‘Thank you’ is one of the first expressions people learn when they start learning English. Sometimes, just a simple ‘thank-you’ isn’t enough to show your appreciation fully, though. Use these five ways to say Thank You in English to show your friends how truly grateful you are.
If someone has been vital in helping you achieve something, let them know how important they were. Acknowledging someone’s help will make them feel great and let them know that you aren’t trying to take all the credit yourself.
When someone has been generally helpful to you at tough time, you can say this. A similar phrase you could try is “Thanks for looking out for me.” These expressions are both useful for thanking people who have supported you over a long period in your life.
When someone helps you, it’s great to let them know that you would help them too if they were in trouble. Say “I owe you” or “I owe you one” to let your friend know that you will repay their kindness at some point in the future.
Enjoy? Try downloading our eBooks! And find more tips on how to best present yourself on paper using perfect English grammar, alongside other useful examples.
When someone has really helped you out of a tough situation, especially by using a special skill or personality trait, you can use this expression. A star is a very special or amazing person, though, so make sure only to use this expression if you really mean it!
When people help you, what might seem like a simple task to them could really make a big difference to you. If this is the case, remind the person how important their help was by saying “This means a lot to me.”
So, next time someone helps you out, think twice about what you will say to them and make sure to show your appreciation appropriately.
And now, learn Alternative Ways to Say Goodbye.
Previous PostNext Post
Wil is a writer, teacher, learning technologist and keen language learner. He’s taught English in classrooms and online for nearly 10 years, trained teachers in using classroom and web technology, and written e-learning materials for several major websites. He speaks four languages and is currently looking for another one to start learning.
Thank you card - 'Big Thanks Thank You Wishes, Thank You For Birthday Wishes Thank you all for your beautiful and delicious Ana Rosa pins. . You So Much Images in Spanish, Italian, French and German to thank someone for their help.
If you don't have a great system in place for thanking customers, don't worry, you're not alone.
One detailed study revealed that thanking customers gets overlooked for two key reasons:
1. Underestimating the impact it could have on the recipient
2. Overestimating how “awkward” the recipient would feel receiving it
Let's take a look at the first one of these.
In short, people and businesses will only say thank-you, or send personal thank-you notes when they know that the recipient will feel positive (and not awkward) about their thanking.
Most companies put in minimal effort, because they expect (and possibly fear) minimal outcomes. They set up an automated thank-you note, often via email, and leave it to run ad infinitum.
In essence, the sender removes themselvesfrom the customer thanking equation, and lets the customer relationship run on autopilot. This is unfortunate, because the alternative route is so easy, and so much more effective. (More on that later, as we reveal the 4 best, and most impactful ways you can thank customers.)
Now, let’s address this point about awkwardness, because it bears thinking about properly.
To picture the “awkward recipient” effect in real-life, think of the last time you wrote a birthday card. You sit down to write it, think up all of the wonderful words you want to put down, fret about the order and meaning of those words for 10 minutes. Then when you finally write it, you pare it right back to something a lot less sentimental than the thing you had in your head.
To picture another scenario. Who hasn’t written a thank you note to a departing colleague in the furthest corner of the farewell card in fear that their message will look silly or overly gushing?
Thanking people can sometimes feel awkward and icky, but if you can overcome that initial fear and put in place a proper system, you'll unlock so many compound benefits.
Let’s look at the positive impacts thanking can have on your business, and discover 4 easy ways to level up your thanking game.
1. Thanking doubles your customers willingness to engage with you
A 2010 study in the Journal of Personality and Social Psychology showed that thanking people increased the likelihood of further actions by 100%.
The study investigated the effect of students thanking a mentor for helping with a cover letter. In a controlled experiment, those that sent back a letter just confirming they had received the CV vs. a group sending a letter thanking the mentor, were half as likely to be offered help the second time around (33% vs. 66%).
So the act of thanking doubled the recipients’ willingness to engage again. Imagine this thanking power translated into your own business and you can see the potential rewards for thanking your customers for their orders:
- The probability of new customers engaging with you shoots up dramatically
- Your ability to get positive reviews from those customers increases
- Their propensity to purchase from, or donate to, you a second time is much greater
- Their willingness to tell friends and colleagues about your product or service increases two-fold
In fact whilst writing this article, one of our long-time customers, Tim McElravy (Camp Director at the Lake Wenatchee YMCA Camp) posted this message in our private Bonjoro Facebook community (see image below) - he sent ONE thank you video to a past donor to his camp, and got an extra $3000 donation overnight! How's that for doubling engagement and outcomes, from one simple 2 minute thank-you video!?
Tellingly the same study showed that the effect of thanking is more powerful for people that we don’t know. So when it comes to your business, thanking customers for their orders, or thanking clients for their business, is an even greater use of your time and energy. Just as Tim found out.
2. It actually makes you (and your team) happier & healthier
Multiple studies have shown that being thankful, and thanking, can have positive physical effects on the sender, not just the recipient.
This study from two psychologists from the Universities of California and Miami, showed an association between gratitude and a person's wellbeing.
Participants were asked to write a few sentences each week focused on particular events. One group were asked to write things they were grateful for that had occurred during the week. Another group recorded daily irritations, and a final group were told to record events that had affected them, with no emphasis on positive or negative.
The research concluded:
"Compared with their less grateful counterparts, grateful people are higher in positive emotions and life satisfaction and also lower in negative emotions such as depression, anxiety, and envy. They also appear to be more pro-socially oriented in that they are more empathic, forgiving, helpful, and supportive than are their less grateful counterparts.”
Another recent study uncovered similar findings:
"Gratitude has one of the strongest links to mental health and satisfaction with life of any personality trait—more so than even optimism, hope, or compassion. . . Grateful people experience higher levels of positive emotions such as joy, enthusiasm, love, happiness and optimism. . . [They] can cope more effectively with everyday stress, show increased resilience in the face of trauma-induced stress, recover more quickly from illness, and enjoy more robust physical health."
We hear about this effect all the time here at Bonjoro. In fact, over 500 Bonjoro customers have sent more than 100 thank-you videos using our platform, and many of them report that as a team activity it has boosted morale and day-to-day productivity within their team.
Taking the time as an organisation, or as a team, to think about your approach to thanking customers can clearly have enormous benefits on internal company health.
3. It’s good for the recipient
"At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us."
-- Albert Schweitzer
Whilst this quote can apply to love, family, chance encounters, support in a time of need, I think it's also applicable to simple thanking. We are so often disconnected from the companies we buy from, that something as simple as a thank-you note delivered with your package can light a flame inside you, make you feel valued, and make you feel that spark of human connection in what might otherwise be a faceless online interaction.
In fact, multiple studies have shown that thanking increases the wellbeing of the recipient. In August this year, the University of Texas released a paper on thanking the showed that "The gesture [of thanking] improves well-being for not only letter writers but recipients as well."
Think back to the last time someone thanked you properly, and it's not difficult to see why you should be thanking your customers, and sparking that little flame within them.
4. You set off a positive chain reaction
The 2010 study referenced earlier, showed that people who were thanked not only experienced stronger feelings of self-efficacy and self worth, but were motivated to engage in more 'pro-social' behaviour.
In effect, you thanking your customer for their order can set off a chain reaction where they feel compelled to pass on your message, or thank others themselves. Your 30 seconds sending a thank-you video to one customer, might cascade into 100 customers all thanking their customers too.
From the study:
“When helpers are thanked for their efforts, they stronger feelings of self-efficacy and social worth, which motivate them to engage in prosocial behaviour. In Experiments 1 and 2, receiving a brief written expression of gratitude motivated helpers to assist both the beneficiary who expressed gratitude and a different beneficiary.”
This is all fantastic, but how do can you translate these findings into your own business in a way that is both scalable and impactful?
Here are 4 quick tips we compiled for you, to help you thank your customers in a more systematic way. Check out our 8 best tools for delighting customers, and our customer delight white-paper for other potent approaches to delighting customers.
1. Use Bonjoro to send personalized thank-you videos:
We’re not going to lie, when it comes to thanking customers as a way of achieving positive business outcomes (like 5 star reviews, and repeat purchases), personalized videos is the number one most scalable, and powerful, thing you can do.
Just this month, we had two customers contact us to share how using videos to thank customers for orders had dramatically impacted their own business growth. One company, Munkstore, told us how Bonjoro videos had helped them get to #1 on Trustpilot for their category. You can watch an example video by MunkStore here - you can see how engaging and delightful this approach to thanking customers can be, hence the incredible outcomes they are seeing.
2. Throw in a little extra surprise! (aka: "package inserts")
This is something we’re seeing more companies doing. When someone buys from you, add a little extra surprise to their package to inject a bit more delight into the whole experience.
Shopify has an excellent blog on how to approach Ecommerce packaging inserts here. And this needn't just be the domain of Ecommerce - this applies to agencies, consultants, software companies, creatives, creators, charities and all sorts of entrepreneurs. A fairly small investment financially, but one that will make a big impression on your customer, and encourage trust and loyalty from Day 1.
3. Put your customer thanking in the most unexpected place
Some customer actions can get overlooked. You don’t just have to thank customers for spending their money with you. As a software company we like to surprise customers with little sprinkles of thanks at some more unexpected moments.
This GIF of our Chief Technology Officer, Mitch, took us 10 minutes to make, but when used as part of our Live Chat messaging it generates masses of engagement with customers, and provides a constant stream of insight from our customers which helps us build a better product.
Hey, and if you're a little unsure about GIFs, and how to use them in the business environment, we put together this bumper guide to using GIFs for sales and marketing 👍.
We even send bear-onesies to customers who hit 1000 videos sent. It’s silly sure, but the message is “we see you, we value you, and we want to show that we care!”
4. Systematise your approach to thanking
Here at Bonjoro, we do a thing called Thank-You-Thursday - every Thursday we send thank you videos to customers just as a way of showing appreciation.
It keeps us all aligned and ensures customers don’t fall through the cracks when it comes to appreciation. As our Founder Matt wrote last year, customer appreciation is critical to customer retention, so you better make sure that customers feel valued and loyal. Thanking them is just one way of ensuring this.
So, pick a day when you're going to thank your customers, and stick to it. You'll have a whole lot of fun, and you'll feel refreshed, energised and more connected with your customers than ever.
Have a little think about your own business. Is there a moment of your customer's journey that gets overlooked? Why not dial it up with a little thanks, because as the old adage goes: "a little thanks goes a long way". And this couldn’t be more true in business.
With Christmas just around the corner we went one step further and created some fun and festive backgrounds for you to use when sending thank-you videos to your customers. You can download them directly from our blog post here.
Everybody's favourite Operations Director, Grant, modelling one of our Christmas "filters"
Good teachers help guide us to develop our potentials and embrace our strengths. Express your gratitude for your teacher with a heartfelt thank-you note. And maybe give them an inexpensive yet thoughtful gift to show your appreciation.
Dear Mr. Thompson,
When I first saw you walk into our classroom, I saw the kind of person I was proud to call my teacher. Every day you came to school with a smile on your face and a kind word for all of your students. That means a lot. Your love of learning ignited our own curiosity and made learning much more fun! You taught us all to appreciate clarity of mind through proper writing form and how to pay attention to the bigger picture. You will never know how much your guidance has helped me, but I wanted you to know that you have made a big difference in my life.
My thanks always,
I just wanted to take a moment to thank you for being such a wonderful teacher. In your class I learned _________________.
You are very special because __________________________. I will always remember ___________________.
One day I know I’ll look back and remember ______________________. You will always have a special fan … that’s me!
Thank you for helping to make kindergarten such a positive experience for Billy. With all of your patience, creativity, and love, Billy has achieved a lot this year. He has started off on the right foot by having you as his teacher.
Thank you, Beatrice. You have made a great difference for all of our children. Because you care so much about them, you have directed them to trust themselves in all that they do and to become all that they dream.
With sincerest appreciation,
As teachers go
You are the best.
You shine above
All the rest.
So accept my thanks
For all you do
I’m very lucky
As my Teacher is you.
How can I thank you?
Let me count the ways.
Thank you for the 200
very special days!
An apple for our teacher
Would never be enough,
For teaching us about the world
And lots of other stuff.
Make a list of all that your teacher taught you and/or what you learned through your teacher’s example. Make a book or scroll letter that lists them: “FORTY THINGS I LEARNED FROM MR. SCOTCH”.
Dear Coach Jackson,
We want to express our thanks for making our son, Tim Findley, feel a part of the volleyball team this year. If you recall, Tim transferred into the district in late October just after you had officially ended try-outs. You agreed to make an exception and let him try-out for the team the following week, and fortunately, you selected him for the starting line-up. That exception, in itself, could have created jealousies among other students.
We, as well as Tim, feared that might be the case. But as the season began, you planned some very important team-building, “bonding” experiences for the boys as you traveled to various tournaments to scout the opposition. Those trips especially gave the team members a chance to get to know Tim quickly one on one off the court. Those opportunities made the transition much easier for him in the new school.
And by the way, I might add that his grades have reflected a comfortable adjustment as well.
As you may have guessed, changing schools in the middle of the year is never a good situation for any student, but for an athlete, it can be disastrous. Such was not the case for Tim this year, thanks to you. We do appreciate your constant encouragement, your competent coaching, and your efforts to see that the college scouts take a look at your athletes. What more could parents ask?
Bill and Bob
Bruce has been taking swim lessons for three years, but it wasn’t until he enrolled in your class that he finally conquered his fear of water. I really appreciate your being so patient with him and working so hard to boost his confidence. The additional instruction you gave him after class really made a difference. Bruce is already looking forward to taking your Level 4 class next summer.
To Child’s Teacher
Dear Ms. Philly:
We so much appreciate the special attention you have given to Kelly while he has been hospitalized off and on throughout the year. As you know, such extended absences can play havoc with a child’s relationships with other students, and you have been particularly sensitive to making Kelly feel a part of the group when he was able to be in class.
Specifically, I want to thankyou for the several occasions when you gave the other children time to make cards and write notes to Kelly. Not only were you teaching your fourth-graders writing skills, you were teaching them to care about other people. That, I’m sure, is a direct reflection of your own personal commitment to your students.
And what a wonderful idea to record their class parties and special days to send home for Kelly. Although he sometimes watched through tears of disappointment that he could not be part of the festivities, those tapes kept him in touch with his friends during a very difficult time.
I’m sure teachers hear complaints from time to time, but I wanted you to know that we in our household and neighbourhood are certainly singing your praises. Thankyou so much for your dedication.
Helen and Bob
An apple works, or paying attention in class also provides a teacher with a special tingly. Give your teacher something practical and thoughtful — a simple lined journal with a funny cover on the front will bring a smile to your fav teacher’s face. Write a special note on the inside cover, perhaps.
If you have a few teachers on your list, a more frugal option is to buy a stack of blank thank-you notes and write each teacher a personalized message. Also appreciated.
The Thankless Job of Teaching, and How to Thank Your Teacher
What to Say in a Thank-You Card Message?
Thank-You Note for Child Care or Day Care
"Thanks for everything. I can't thank you enough." "You were a big help today watching the kids. I can't thank you enough." A. "So how is your car running since I.
In a time when manners are teetering on the edge of extinction and anxiety is on the rise, it is increasingly important to spend time expressing gratitude.
Focusing on gratitude can negate feelings of resentment and entitlement and foster feelings of positivity.
Studies show that even months after writing a simple appreciation quote or journaling feelings of gratitude, people's brains are still wired to feel especially thankful.
This is because gratitude habits have a self-perpetuating nature.
The more you practice gratitude, the more you can enjoy its many benefits, such as an overall feeling of wellbeing and happiness.
Nothing expresses words of appreciation and gratitude like a personal note to someone who has touched your life in some way.
Not only do these personal messages make you feel happier, but also they foster positive feelings in the recipient. And that person is more likely to feel grateful and spread the love to others.
Gratitude seems to have a ripple effect that can improve the lives of so many, and it's well worth the few minutes of time it takes to write down your feelings of gratefulness in a message to others.
Here are some great examples of appreciation messages to send to people to show how much you care.
Ah, your friends — that wonderful circle of people you've chosen and nurtured because they mean so much to you.
What would we do without our friends who love and support us unconditionally?
Appreciate your friendship and how much they mean to you and how blessed you feel to have them in your life.
1. You always know how to make me laugh and lift my spirits. Thanks so much for being my friend!
2. Whenever something out of the ordinary happens, the first thing I think about is calling to tell you. That's the sign of a great friend.
3. You've been by my side through so many ups and downs, and I want you to know that I'll always do the same for you. Thank you!
4. I knew we would be fast friends the moment we met. I'm so glad that I was right.
5. You help me push my boundaries, lift me up when I'm feeling down, and give me comfort when I'm sad. You are a great friend, and I hope to always have you in my life.
6. “Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: ‘What! You too? I thought I was the only one.” – C.S. Lewis
7. You know you have found a true friend when you don’t need to be careful about what you say in front of them. Thank you for never judging me, friend.
8. You always have a way of bringing laughter, happiness, and joy into my life. When you are around, everything feels more peaceful, more exciting, and more interesting.
9. There are people who enter your life and make it a bit crazier, make you laugh a little louder, and who shine a little brighter. You are that person for me, and I wouldn’t trade you for anyone else.
10. There’s a lot that happens between two friends who have stood the test of time. The relationship isn't always perfect, but true friends will weather the storms with each other and wait for life to quiet down. They will do whatever they have to do to set things straight, then they go back to being friends again. That’s just how it is with you and me.
11. The secret to lifelong friendship is to treat the friendship as more than a gift but also as a responsibility. Thank you for playing your part in creating perfection.
12. “The friend who can be silent with us in a moment of despair or confusion, who can stay with us in an hour of grief and bereavement, who can tolerate not knowing…not healing, not curing…that is a friend who cares.” – Henri Nouwen
13. Thank you for being the friend who never asks for reasons or explanations when all I need is a hug and a good laugh.
14. The best friends are the ones who continue to give, even when you don't have anything to give back. Thanks for being one for me.
15. I don’t know the best way to say thank you to a friend like you who already knows the things that I never say and never says anything that I don’t understand.
16. I want to thank you, but I don’t know where to begin. So, I just want to say that there are so many things that I would not have been able to do without you.
17. We've done everything together since we were kids. I want to thank you for being such a great friend, and I can't wait to share many more of life’s precious moments with you.
18. You're a great friend who brings out the best in me. I am so grateful to have you in my life. Thank you for being you.
19. Your dedication, understanding, and time all mean so much to me, and I feel very lucky to be able to experience life alongside you. I cherish you forever, my friend.
20. “One loyal friend is worth ten thousand relatives.” – Euripides
21. Friend, I want to let you know that you are the person who I always know will be there for me when something happens — either good or bad. Thank you for being that person in my life.
22. For my burden-bearing, laughter-sharing, and constantly-caring friend: a very joyful, hug-filled, and heartfelt thank you.
23. Thank you for being such a great friend. If you could see my face, you’d see the smile you put on it.
24. Thanks for always being there for me when no one else was. I appreciate you so much.
There are those special few people in your life, the ones in your inner circle of family and friends, who deserve personal acknowledgment and appreciation words.
You can never show too much gratitude for these people who bring so much joy and love into your life.
Here are some lovely words and appreciation quotes for those you care about the most.
25. Very few people can do the things you do for me and love and care for me this way. You are so special to me. Thank you for everything.
26. There is never anything random about your acts of kindness. Thank you for everything that you do.
27. Thoughtful and unselfish are two words I think of when I think of you. Thank you!
28. I want to thank you for all the wonderful ways you make me happy, even when you don’t realize it.
29. I’m so grateful for you because you are always supportive when I am going through a difficult time. Thank you.
30. Thank you for loving my quirks — you always make me feel special and loved.
31. I know that I don’t say this often enough, but I want to tell you how much I appreciate you and everything you do.
32. My life is very blessed with some of the greatest people. Thank you for being a part of my journey.
33. Sometimes I forget to say thank you to those who make the biggest difference in my life. Those who help to make the bad times bearable and the good times even better. So thank you from the bottom of my heart.
34. Here is a special thank you from my heart to someone who is special in my life. To someone who means a lot to me. A special thank you from me to you, for making life always feel like new.
35. Thank you for the many beautiful ways that you touch my life.
36. Thank you for just being there. You never try to fix me, you just make me feel supported and cared for.
37. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart. However, it truly has no bottom for you.
38. So much of me has come from what I learned from you. You’ll always be with me, like a handprint on my heart.
39. “At times, our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us.” — Albert Schweitzer
40. Thank you is just two words, but they mean a lot coming from my heart to yours.
41. This is just a short note to let you know how much I appreciate all of the awesome things that you do for me. I will always cherish you.
42. I would never be able to thank you enough, but this is a start.
43. I've always felt cherished and appreciated by you, and I want you to know that is exactly how I feel about you.
44. I don't think I would have made it this far without your kindness and generosity. I am especially grateful for you.
45. Whenever I feel alone, you find a way to sneak in. Thank you for always making my life feel more complete.
Read Related: 57 Of The Best Confidence Boosting Quotes
46. If I were to write about all the reasons that I am grateful for you on little pieces of paper, they would fill up an entire room. You are amazing, and I am so blessed to have you in my life. Thank you for everything you are.
47. Thank you for helping make my life become a dream come true.
48. I appreciate that you always remind me to stay true to myself, and you love me for who I am. Thank you.
49. Life has so many trying moments. For your companionship, support, and unique assistance, I want to say a big thank you.
Have you received some lovely birthday gifts or messages?
Maybe your Facebook page lit up today with so many good wishes that you feel overwhelmed with gratitude.
Show your appreciation to those who remembered your birthday by sending a short “Thank you” message. Just a few words can acknowledge the effort others have made to celebrate you.
50. I want to take a moment to say thank you to everyone for all of the positive birthday wishes. It means so much to me that you all made the effort to wish me a happy birthday. I feel very blessed to have all of you as my friends.
51. Thank you to everyone for the birthday wishes and laughs. I keep our friendship and love in my heart. Love to you all.
52. It is a great day! My birthday is a great reminder of how grateful I am for all of the beauty in my life. Thanks for making me feel great!
53. I am overwhelmed with how much attention I received for my birthday and would like to extend gratitude to each and every one of you for your kind greetings. I'm sure that all of your wishes will bring me a great year.
54. Thank you to everyone for all the love and support on my birthday. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. It is wonderful to know that I am surrounded by amazing people.
55. I am truly blessed! I woke up this morning with so many messages from all of you for my birthday! Thank you so much for being such a great part of my life.
56. To all of my family and friends, I am so lucky to have all of you sending me thoughtful messages that are full of love on my birthday. Thank you so much!
57. I want to say a big thank you for all the messages, cards, and gifts that were given to me today on my birthday. Thank you to everyone for making my birthday especially wonderful.
58. You all always make me feel happy on my birthday. You give the most thoughtful gifts and say the kindest words. If this is what it feels like to turn a year older, I wouldn’t mind getting older every day!
59. I am truly blessed to have such a great family. You always make my birthday special. Thank you so much for all of your love. You make me happy to be alive.
60. You all made my birthday an unforgettable one. I hope you all know how good it feels to have amazing friends and family like you to share my birthdays with.
61. Thank you for going to so much trouble to give me such a great birthday. This is one of the best birthdays of my life.
62. Birthdays can be a bittersweet time with age, but I have so much to be grateful for that I can't think of even one negative thing. Thank you to everyone who made my day so special.
63. It is so amazing that you never ever miss wishing me well on my birthday. Thank you!
64. Thank you all for your warm birthday wishes. I wish us all a happy life ahead!
65. The most valuable gift I have ever gotten is the love and support from my friends and family. Thank you so much for sharing that with me on my birthday!
Read Related: 37 Personal Development Tips That Will Change Your World
66. I don’t think of birthdays as a day to get older. I think of it as giving me another year to have all of you as friends! I appreciate all of your birthday wishes!
67. I'm amazed to receive so much love and care from my friends and family. I am grateful for everyone for making my birthday special!
68. I want to express my genuine gratitude to everyone who remembered me on my birthday. Thank you all!
69. I appreciate all of you for your thoughtful birthday wishes. It is so encouraging and refreshing to hear from such great friends on my special day!
70. Thank you for helping remind me that so many amazing people love me! I appreciate this outpouring of love on my birthday!
71. Words can’t express my appreciation for everyone remembering my birthday! I want everyone to know that you always show your love and support!
72. Birthdays tend to draw less attention with age, but you all showed me how much you still care, thank you!
73. I am so grateful for everyone who helped make this birthday another year for the books!
74. While my birthday is supposed to be about me, I think it is more about all of the people I love coming together. Thank you!
Want to offer some inspiration to someone you care about who might need a boost?
These appreciation quotes and messages can brighten someone's day and give them the motivation to do more and feel happier.
What a lovely gift to offer a friend or family member you appreciate!
75. “Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.”– Robert Brault
76. The more you are grateful for in your life, the more opportunities for gratitude you will have.
77. You inspire me every day to be the best person I can be. That is the best gift you could ever offer me.
78. Each day is a new opportunity to be grateful for something new.
79. It is important to be mindful so you can learn how to appreciate the present moment.
80. You can choose to take things for granted or to take things with gratitude.
81. “Gratitude turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos into order, confusion into clarity…it makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow.” — Melody Beattie
82. It is never too soon to show your appreciation.
83. “Gratitude is a quality similar to electricity: it must be produced and discharged and used up in order to exist at all.” — William Faulkner
84. You have to stop and remind yourself that each moment is the only one you are positive you will have.
85. While a lot of people are able to see that a job has been well done, only a select few will speak up with appreciation.
86. A little appreciation goes a long way, but I can never say enough how much I appreciate you.
87. Appreciation speaks louder in action than it does in words.
88. “Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn't learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn't learn a little, at least we didn't get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn't die; so, let us all be thankful.” — Buddha
89. Someone who feels appreciated will always do more than you expect them to do.
90. Words have power. Use them wisely to show your gratitude.
91. “Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see.” — Mark Twain
92. Your appreciation can never be fake. Even if you don't say it out loud, you will feel it.
93. “When I started counting my blessings, my whole life turned around.” — Willie Nelson
94. Be thankful for everything you have in your life, and know that you will always end up with more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.
95. One of the reasons that appreciation is so wonderful is that it makes what is outstanding in others belong to us as well.
96. “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues but the parent of all others.” — Marcel Proust
97. Every night when I count my blessings, you are always at the top of the list.
98. Gratitude unlocks the unique treasures of life.
99. Foster a habit of practicing gratitude for every good thing that comes your way, and give thanks regularly. Because everything you have has contributed to your advancement in life, you should include everything in your gratitude.
100. Gratitude is equal to riches. Complaints are equal to poverty.
101. Upon waking, allow your first thought to be, “Thank You.”
I hope you found the appreciation quotes and messages in this list that provide just the words you need to express your feelings.
If you want to share words of gratitude to someone in a unique way, write them a note of appreciation that memorializes the way you feel.
You can use the messages and quotes as prompts for ideas you write yourself, or you can copy them directly in your letter, card, or email and add some of your own words to make the message more personal.
If nothing else, here's hoping these messages of appreciation will inspire you to savor all of the good things and people in your life.
Rather than dwelling on negativity, problems, or lack, allow the blessings in your life to occupy your thoughts more often. And express your gratitude to those around you more often.
Your sense of gratitude and appreciation of others not only lifts up the people you appreciate, but it also makes you feel happier and more confident.
Why not leave a little note of appreciation for someone you care about today?
It's always a good idea to say thank you when someone lends you a hand at work or helps you with your job search. Not only will you be.